Insert an image
How do I upload a photo/image to my website?
To add images to the general content of your website, you have several options:
- Add an image directly onto a page
- Add a Header image (which is only possible on some of our designs)
- Create an image slideshow using a widget (Great for larger images, as a focal point on a page)
- Create an image gallery using a widget (Displays images in square tiles that users can click on to enlarge)
- Create an image list using a widget (Great if you want to display images in a list with text beside or under them)
- Create an Instagram gallery, using a widget, which pulls images from your Instagram profile
- In the editor, put the cursor where you want to insert the image.
- Click the image icon in the content editor.
- Click on the Choose/upload button
- Choose the folder you want to store the image in and then click on Upload image.
- Choose the image from your computer and then click Upload image. The image should appear in the Image properties box. You can do a little bit of resizing or alignment if needed.
- Click OK and you'll see the image appear in the editor.
How do I align an image right/left?
- Follow the steps outlined above to upload an image, until you reach step 6.
- In the Image Properties box, you will see Align on the left-hand side. Choose either left/right from the drop-down, according to whether you want the image to align to the left or right.
- Click OK.
To realign an image that you have already added to the editor:
- Right-click on the image.
- Choose Image Properties from the small menu that appears.
- The Image Properties box will appear. You will see Align on the left-hand side. Choose either left/right from the drop-down, according to whether you want the image to align to the left or right.
- Click OK.
How do I know how big an image should be?
We recommend that you use images of high quality (1000 pixels or more). You'll need particularly good quality images (2000 pixels+) if you are using header images. If you want an image to fit the entire space of the container on a page, then you should find out the dimensions of the container and resize the image to fit before uploading. To do this, click on the container and you will see the maximum width of the container in the border on the bottom right hand side.
How do I resize my images?
Photoshop is a great creative tool for adjusting images, if you have access to it. If not, then you can use a free image editor. You can find some through an internet search. Some examples are Pixlr, Pic Monkey, Gimp, Lunapic, Picresize.