What are orders?
An order is created when someone buys something from your site. It contains all the information about the customer, what was ordered, where to ship it and how they paid.
What happens when someone places an order?
- An order confirmation is sent to the customer's email address, with a full summary of their order.
- An order received email is sent to the nominated Order notification email address, with a full summary of the order.
- Stock is deducted against any purchased products (if applicable).
- Tickets are created for any events purchased and attached to the order confirmation email (if applicable).
- For connected accounting services, we automatically create an invoice and attach to the order confirmation email.
- For connected point-of-sale services, we automatically create customers and sync stock.
- An appropriate order and payment status is set (see below).
What do the different order statuses mean?
|Incomplete||Order has been created, but not processed. This occurs when a customer goes to PayPal, but then cancels and returns to your website.|
|Awaiting fulfillment||Order is awaiting fulfillment.|
|Awaiting stock||Order is awaiting stock.|
|Fulfilled||Order has been fulfilled (e.g. shipped)|
|Returned||Order has been returned by the customer.|
|Cancelled||Order has been cancelled.|
|Abandoned||Order has been abandoned. This occurs when an incomplete order has not been resumed.|
What do the different payment statuses mean?
|Awaiting payment||Order has been processed, but is awaiting payment. This occurs when a customer chooses an 'offline' payment method (i.e bank transfer, on account) or goes to PayPal but never completes their payment.|
|Payment held||Order has received payment, but the payment gateway has held the funds and is awaiting for your approval to process the payment.|
|Paid||Order is paid.|
|Refunded||Order has been refunded.|
|Declined||Payment for this order has been declined. This occurs when the payment gateway declines the customer's credit card.|
|Voided||Order has been voided. This occurs when an incomplete order has not been resumed and was abandoned.|
Find out how to ...
- Find an order
- View an order
- Record an offline payment
- Print a packing slip
- Fulfill / ship an order
- Add a note to an order
- Add a courier tracking number
- Re-send an order confirmation
- Refund an order
- Cancel / delete an order
- Export orders
- Create an invoice
- Print an invoice
- Archive an order
- Unarchive an order
- Assign a person to an order
- Assign an organisation to an order
- Reset a download limit