What is MailChimp?
MailChimp is email marketing software. Find out more about MailChimp.
Why connect my MailChimp account to Airsquare?
If you are using MailChimp for your email marketing, and have a website with Airsquare, it's a great idea to get them talking to each other. By connecting MailChimp:
- Any new subscribers are added to any MailChimp lists/groups you nominate
- All contacts are synchronised between Airsquare & Mailchimp
How do I connect MailChimp to Airsquare?
- In Airsquare, Go to Account > Connected apps.
- Click Connect app.
- Choose MailChimp from the list of applications.
- Confirm you agree to the billing terms.
- Click Connect. You'll then be redirected to MailChimp where you need to sign in.
- You'll then be redirected back to Airsquare and see MailChimp has been connected.
How do I nominate the MailChimp lists/groups for new subscribers?
Any new subscribers come through a 'Subscribe Form' widget which can be placed anywhere on your site. If you've connected MailChimp & Airsquare, MailChimp options will appear when you are adding/editing a 'Subscribe Form' widget. This lets you nominate which MailChimp lists/groups you want new subscribers to be added to.
How are MailChimp and Airsquare synchronised?
The following synchronisation rules are applied:
- When someone subscribes using a 'subscribe form' widget, we add a person in Airsquare, and also add them into any MailChimp lists/groups you've nominated in the widget settings.
- When you update the person in Airsquare, we do our best to update the corresponding details in MailChimp. If the email address is removed in the Airsquare person record, we don't unsubscribe them from MailChimp.
- When a person is deleted in Airsquare, we don't unsubscribe them from MailChimp.
- When a person is manually added in Airsquare, we don't automatically subscribe them into MailChimp. This has to happen by the user via a 'subscribe form' widget.
- When a member profile is updated in MailChimp, we do our best to update the corresponding details in Airsquare.
- When a member unsubscribes from MailChimp, we detach them from Airsquare, but don't delete the Airsquare person.
- When a member is subscribed to MailChimp outside of the Airsquare system, we don't automatically add them as a contact in Airsquare.
I get a message saying MailChimp has been disconnected, what does this mean?
MailChimp will be disconnected if you've remove Airsquare from the 'Authorised Applications' in your MailChimp account.
If you do get disconnected, simply re-connect by following the steps above.
How do I disconnect MailChimp from Airsquare?
- Go to Account > Connected apps.
- You'll see a list of connected apps. Click Disconnect next to the application you want to remove.
- Confirm you'd like to disconnect, by clicking Disconnect app.