How do I track my website visitors?
Airsquare seamlessly integrates with Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a great way to find out how people are finding & using your website. This gives you valuable information that you can use to improve your website.
What do I need to create a Google Analytics account?
Before you can set up a Google Analytics account or use any Google services, you must have a Google Account. If you don't have one, create one first.
How do I get a Google Analytics account?
- Go to Google Analytics and click sign in (top right). Use your Google account to login.
- Once logged in, click Sign up.
- In the Account Name, we recommend you put your business name.
- In the Website Name, we recommend you put your website name (this is probably the same as your business name).
- In the Website URL, enter your website address with the www (e.g. www.mywebsite.com).
- Select your Reporting Time Zone.
- Under Data Sharing Settings, we suggest you only tick 'Google products & services'. Untick the others.
- Click Get Tracking ID
- Read and accept the terms of service.
- You'll then see a tracking ID, which looks like UA-XXXXXXX-YY. Copy this down, you'll need to enter this into Airsquare (see below). Don't worry about the geeky code bit, we handle that for you.
How do I enable Google Analytics tracking in Airsquare?
See tracking. You'll need to have your Google Analytics tracking ID handy (e.g. UA-XXXXXXX-YY).
How do I see what Google Analytics has been tracking?
You need to login to Google Analytics and view them there.
I've set up Google Analytics but nothing is appearing?
Be patient, it can take 24-48 hours before anything appears in Google Analytics.
Can I get Google Analytics on my smart phone / tablet?
How can I get Google Analytics reports emailed to me?
Google Analytics can send you reports via email.
How do I exclude my IP address from tracking?
It's important that you exclude your IP address from Google Analytics tracking, or every time you view your website, your visit will be added to analytics data and skew the results.
If you use different computers, you will need to repeat these steps, as your IP Address will most likely change. You should get all your team to do the same.
How do I get Google Analytics summary data on my Airsquare dashboard?
If you connect your Google Analytics account, you'll see quick summary on your dashboard. Handy for keeping a quick eye on things, without having to go to Google Analytics separately.
Why are adult sites appearing in my Google Analytics?
This is called Ghost Referrer Spam. It's just spammers hitting your Google Analytics to get themselves noticed. Here's an article which explains it better, and also a solution to remove/stop them: