There's only a few of steps required to set up a secure area:
- Firstly you need to restrict access to the section you want to secure. To do this, go to Website > Pages & sections, click on the section, under Settings tab, look for Access. Tick Log in required to access this section. Click Update settings.
- Next you need to issue a login for each person you want to give access. Go to Contacts > People, click on the person you want to give access (or add a new person), then give them a Username and Password under Login credentials.
- Give it a test!
How do I set up a customer login/logout page?
When you set up a website with Airsquare, we set up a login/logout page for you. But you may have deleted these pages if you weren't using them. So you'll have to set up a login and logout page as follows:
- Go to Website > Pages & sections.
- Right-click on the Section in the site tree that you want to add the page to. You can't add a page to a page in the site tree, only to a section, e.g. the Home Section or a new section that you have added. You can also add a page by clicking on a section, then choosing Add page (top right).
- A drop-down menu will appear, choose Add page.
- Enter the Title 'Login' for your new page.
- Click Add page.
- Click on the page in the site tree.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Under the heading Visibility tick both boxes, to hide the page from the navigation on your site and from the search engines
- Under What this page does, choose Displays login
- Click Update settings.
- Click the Navigation tab, and on the drop down menu select Top
- Click Add to group
- Repeat this process again but this time call the page Logout and select the Logout controller under What this page does.