When you're happy with your website, it's time to make it live on the web.
Here's a reminder of the DNS instructions for making your site live. (Note, the Launch site step in the setup wizard at the bottom of the editor guides you through these steps!)
Replace yourdomainname.com with your actual domain name:
- Contact us and request the IP address your website sits on. Don't forget to tell us the name of your site!
- Login to your domain / DNS provider and find where to change your DNS settings.
- Take a screenshot, or make a note of all the settings prior to making any changes (just in case you need to change things back).
- Add/change the A record in your DNS to go to the IP address we give you.
- Add/change the www CNAME to point to yourdomainname.com (note no www in front of the domain name).
- It can take up to 24 hours for the changes to propagate (update around the world). If you're unsure whether you've done it right, just contact us.
If all this sounds too hard, just contact us and we can do it for you! We'll need:
- The name of your domain (e.g. yourdomainname.com)
- Domain name company your domain is held with (e.g. where you bought it from).
- Username / password to login to your domain name (please check that these details work before sending them to us).