With today's web, there's no longer a 'one size fits all'. Your visitors might be using a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view your website.
Previously with Airsquare we've had 3 sizes that broadly fitted to smartphones, tablets and laptops/desktops. Our last size for laptop/desktop has been great, but many people are now using very wide screens, meaning our websites don't utilise the extra space available.
Today, we've released a 4th size for desktop screens. This has a maximum width of 1200 pixels. This means your content has a bit more room and the images can be a bit wider.
What does this mean for you?
- Any new sites created on Airsquare will automatically be wider on desktop computers.
- Any existing sites on Airsquare won't change, unless you contact us and ask to be upgraded.
Why not upgrade existing sites automatically?
We've done a lot of automatic resizing for you, but some things will involve manual adjustments. If you do choose to upgrade, you will have to update:
- Any images which have been inserted using the editor i.e. images that were directly added to pages
- Any image slideshow widgets will need to be made wider and then bigger images will need to be uploaded
- Any widgets which have fixed dimensions will need to be adjusted to make use of the wider width available, e.g. video, Google maps etc.
Sound too hard? If you want to upgrade, but don't have the time to do it yourself, we can put you in touch with one of our partners. They can work with you to adjust your content. Just get in touch.