It’s a great idea to start an editorial calendar to keep track of what you have already written on your blog and to plan ahead for future posts.
Feeling bereft of ideas for blog posts? Read on...
- Introduce your company - your products, clients, logo, design, latest news etc.
- Outline new developments in your company - what inspired them? What benefits do they give?
- Boast - obviously keep this to a minimum, but talk about great things your company has achieved and/or recent awards received.
- Personal reviews of books/websites/other blogs/products related to your business
- Comment on topical issues - what’s in the news? Current sports events?
- Comment on seasonal stuff - Christmas/Halloween/school holidays/winter etc.
- Advertise product promotions that your company is offering
- Provide helpful lists/tips that would interest your client base
- Subscribe to competitor blogs and review what they are doing and what is topical
- Poll your followers on relevant hot topics
- Blog about social media - how-to guides, useful tips etc.
- Share some non-business related stuff too - life issues, your favourite things/places/what inspires you/work-life balance/ your opinions etc.
- Report on recent conferences you've attended/presented at
- Share media - photos/videos/stats/info-graphics that you’ve enjoyed or found helpful
- Recommend other blogs
- Write an opinion piece or initiate a debate on the pros and cons of an issue
- Post a “...for beginners” piece
- Post an informative article in your area of expertise
- Interview clients/partners
- Brainstorm with your team for further ideas!
Ultimately, ask yourself, “what do my clients want to hear?” and bring it to them.